Visit London Asks: What Are Your Favourite Things To Do In Summer In London?

London is sunny and warm and we’re enjoying a heatwave this week.

What do you like to do in London when the weather heats up? Ice creams in the park? Catching a breeze on the river? Tell us your top tips for summer in London!

Comments

1. Lettice says:

I ask this because I’d rather be out enjoying one of London’s parks and open spaces right now!

2. Claire Doble says:

Sitting out on my friend’s balcony in Kentish Town with a cold one… bliss!

3. Jen says:

It’s hard not to appreciate the sun when you live in London. My favourite thing to do in gorgeous summer weather like this is soak up all the Vitamin D I can whilst picnicking in Hyde Park!

4. Julie Chappell says:

Lush picnics in any of the Royal Parks, balmy evenings at Regent’s Park Open Air Theatre – or just relaxing on a pretty riverside terrace with a glass of chilled champagne!

5. Steve Pugh says:

There’s only thing to do on a hot summer’s day – light a fire. Yes, it’s time for a barbecue.

6. jose adams says:

Early morning swim in Hampstead ponds, ladies section.
    Watching the sun go down over the Thames outside my local pub in Mortlake. Sitting in a street cafe in Soho. Parking up next to the Serpentine on my way home from work on my bike and enjoy a moment of peace on the grass.

7. Jess says:

I just love being by the Thames on a hot day because there is always a refreshing breeze by the river. And there are so many fabulous venues along the river where you can have a drink al fresco. South Bank has to be my favourite spot.

And I really recommend taking an open-top bus tour around London (sitting on the top deck in the sun, obviously). You’ll be amazed how many things you’ll notice about london that you would never see from pavement level.

8. Karen Nhezel says:

hi! one great way that i do on hot summer days is go hiking – or go into the woods – for cool stuffs – and go nature watching – or, go to the local park and watch people :d HEHE… watch interactions and watch the breeze across the pond or something :) well, i may not be much help – but, i find going to Baraaza helpful – if i need an activity fix, they usually provide activities for any destination. its after all an online community for travelers, where they share their tips, experiences, pics and vids about their travels, so its a pretty good place to search to-do’s about. as for me – let me laze under the sun and just enjoy it. :)

9. Karen says:

The new water park at Myatts Fields near Camberwell is great for the kids on a hot day!

I like to relax in a beer garden with friends and a nice glass of Pimms.