The Bank Holiday means two things for London’s clubbing community – more time to party and more time to recover!
From after-parties to burlesque speed-dating – take a look at our highlights:
Post Carnival Parties
Notting Hill Carnival is the biggest event of the Bank Holiday weekend. After the sparkly costumes and jerk chicken are packed away each evening, there are plenty of places where you can continue the party spirit.
- On Friday, Fabric brings its annual Playaz Carnival Special. The drum’n'bass night includes a two-hour set from DJ Hype.
- DJ Yoda, Kissy Sellout and The Maccabees provide entertainment conveniently close to the parade route at Paradise Carnival Party on Sunday and Monday.
- If you’ve overdone it at the carnival, head to ETA’s Carnival After Party in Shepherd’s Bush, where there’ll be yurts for tired carnival-goers to relax in, as well as live art performances. The night promises music ranging from British hip-hop to progressive electronica – all in a disused 70s cinema!
Get Loaded in The Park and South West Four
- The festivals wind up at 9pm but we suggest you pop over to The Coronet on Saturday for the Official South West Four After Party, hosted by Eric Prydz.
- WetYourSelf at Fabric is providing the Official Get Loaded in The Park After Party on Sunday.
The Best of The Rest
Or head down to Brixton on Saturday where the Hoxton Whores and Maxi Jazz (of Faithless) will keep you going until 6am at Mass!
Eastern Electrics provided a legendary Bank Holiday weekender last year, and they’re planning to do the same again. Stages will be hosted by promoters including Neon Noise, Trailer Trash and Mulletover.
Finally, if you’re hoping for a little romance this Bank Holiday, try Peacock Bar in Clapham, which is hosting a burlesque speed dating night on Monday. Happily, you won’t need any nipple tassle expertise to take part – the burlesque acts will entertain you while you speed date. And there’ll be yummy cocktails and cheesy 80s and 90s DJs too.
Do you have any Bank Holiday clubs to recommend? We’d love to hear your ideas.