Visit London Asks: Where Are You Celebrating Bonfire Night?

Bonfire Night in LondonLast week was all about Halloween. Hope you all had a suitably scary weekend.

This week, London looks to Bonfire Night with a whole host of different firework displays taking place across the capital.

Bonfire Night is also known as Fireworks Night or Guy Fawkes Night. It’s a British tradition dating back to the Gunpowder Plot of 1605, when Catholic conspiritor Guy Fawkes tried to blow up the Houses of Parliament and King James I. Read the full story here.

And we’re interested to know where our readers are headed for this year’s firework fix?

If you’re still undecided, check out our list of London’s firework displays.

Comments

I’ll be heading to Clapham Common (where the fireworks are free!)followed by drinks and sparklers at a friend’s house. I’ve never been to the Clapham fireworks before, so fingers crossed they’ll be good.

2. londonlover says:

I’ve done the Clapham Common thing before – they’re spectacular, but its just sooo busy around there on the night. Makes it impossible to fnid yr friends. This year I’m going to Brockwell PARk. Still free – fewer ppl!

• Jenny says:

I went to Brockwell Park last year, and it was really good. Thought it’d be nice to try a different location this time, but thanks for the tip, I’ll make sure I hang on to my friends in the crowd!

3. Lettice says:

I can see a couple of local firework displays over the rooftops from my kitchen window so I’m probably just going to be boring and stay in!

4. Julie says:

I’m going to the Visit London Awards so will have to wait until the Lord Mayor’s fireworks display on 13 November.

5. Zoe J. Griffiths says:

I’m also headed to Brockwell Park, followed by the classic Bonfire night binge on bangers and mash at a mate’s house… Can’t wait! :)

6. Nic says:

Victoria park ones (Sat 6th this year) are fab but i’ve been invited to a party in woolwich, otherwise i’d be there with bells on! Fireworks must be followed by warming chilli served on baked sweet potato.

7. Lilac says:

Last year we went to Ally Pally as a friend lives nearby. It was mobbed in the main bit but we were pleased to get an awesome view from a grassy verge on the outskirts (that was far less crowded). Oooh Ahaaah OOooh! just practicing…