Visit London Asks: What Are Your Plans for New Year’s Eve in London?

Happy 2010!

New Year’s Eve in London is always a fantastic night.

Whether you’re watching the fireworks on The Thames, clubbing or enjoying a small house party with some close friends, it’s always one of the best nights of the year.

London has so much to offer to help you celebrate 2010. You can take a cruise on the Thames for top views of the fireworks, eat at a restaurant with a view, or just party at one of London’s many, many New Year club nights.

We want to know what you’re up to this Thursday? Let us know in the comments below. Have a fantastic time and remember, kids, stay safe!

Comments

1. Steve says:

Normally I get to see some fireworks, even when I stay in, as I live on a hill, but probably not this year as I’ll be at a party with friends down in south London.

2. LazyLondon says:

I’ve been at house parties for the last few years so I’m venturing out to the pub this time.

3. Nic says:

I’ve done house parties also, so I too am going to venture out to something with ‘others’. Prob round Brick Lane. Hopefully the weather will be okay for fireworks and the like, looks a bit shoddy on the forecast.

4. Lucie says:

I am going to The O2 to the Ministry of Sound Event. Lets see the New Year in with Style! Calvin Harris, Eric Prydz and more. It’s gonna be a big one!

5. lill says:

I’m not from England so maybe you can help me: where will be the main London party on New Year’s Eve?? (some scene, music and fireworks)…

• Zoe J. Griffiths says:

Hey lill,

If you want to see the fireworks, you need to be near the London Eye on either side of the river. (I’ve watched them from the Victoria Embankment before, which was great.) It’s very busy, and you’ll need to plan ahead and get there in good time. But the fireworks are only one place to celebrate the new year: there’s loads and loads of parties going on all over the city. Check out http://www.visitlondon.com/events/new-years-in-london-20092010 for more ideas. And have fun!