Visit London Asks: How Did You Make the Most of London’s Snowfall Last Week?

Here’s a picture of the view from VL Towers last week, as the snow continued to fall into the early evening…

Sure, the snow has caused some problems in the city in the last week. But for every train cancellation and school closure, there’s space for some exciting sledging, brilliant snowball fights, fantastic photo opportunities, and indulging in London’s snug, warm, indoor attractions.

Did the snow give you an excuse to do something different in London last week? Let us know in the comments below!

And if you have any lovely pictures of London in the snow, don’t forget to share them in our flickrpool.

Comments

1. Richmond says:

We joined the crowds of sledgers in Richmond Park. The hills by Kingston Gate and Petersham Gate were by far the best places to sledge.

2. Tommo says:

The best thing for weather this cold is a trip to a warm cinema with mates. I can recommend Avatar. Loved it.

3. Chris Beach says:

@se1 This is mine from last year: http://tinyurl.com/yg95xmh Almost identical but wide angle to include Tower Bridge. Taken from 2 More London /CC @fashion_ninja

• Zoe J. Griffiths says:

Love that picture, Chris. It looks great. I think you’ve got a snazzier camera than me! ;-)

• Glen says:

Those are STUNNING pics. Am in The USA and envy you getting to live there (to begin with) and seeing it covered in snow makes it an even more beautiful city.

I went for a jog round Brockwell Park. Hardly anyone else was out running, most people were sledging down the hill which looked a lot more fun!

5. Claire says:

I waited in the cold for an hour for the number 4 bus, I slipped over on the ice and bruised my hip, and was forced to eat McDonald’s to keep warm, but I still love the snow, so pretty!

6. Hannah says:

I walked through Kensington Gardens in the snow, and went for tea in the Orangery at Kensington Palace.

The park was so picturesque, just like an old-fashioned postcard.