Please note this blog is no longer active. This post was last updated 7 years, 14 days ago and may contain out of date prices, opening times, links and information. Go to www.visitlondon.com for the lastest visitor information for London.
Excitement is bubbling at VL towers over the fact that East Festival is just three weeks away. And it’s not just us, the Mayor of London Boris Johnson is looking forward to it too:
“I’m delighted to see the return of the East Festival. This year promises to be a real box of delights with a range of world class artists, exciting performances and activities that range from building your own home to bicycle polo in a festival that showcases East London’s brightly burning creative spirit.”
This year’s East has four major themes: Architecture, Minimalism, Travel and Asian Subcontinent. Highlights of East 2010 include:
- More than 100 specially curated artist-led events
- Cycle East‘s free music – by bike – including Soweto Kinch and Sweet Billy Pilgrim
- East London’s very own Commonwealth Games
- St Ethelburga’s Delhi Dharbar: a programme of events exploring Delhi’s religious diversity through music, stories, architecture and food
- Moonfleece: Philip Ridley’s new play, set in an East London tower block
- Ron Arad: As part of the Barbican’s Ron Arad season, a series of specially created events around the East Festival
- Céleste Boursier-Mougenot: Installation by French artist in the Curve gallery at the Barbican takes the form of a walk-through aviary inhabited by 40 zebra finches
Go to www.findeast.co.uk for the full East festival programme.