Please note this blog is no longer active. This post was last updated 6 years, 9 months ago and may contain out of date prices, opening times, links and information. Go to www.visitlondon.com for the lastest visitor information for London.
Visit London would like to wish everyone in the English capital (and beyond) a happy St George’s Day today. It’s also Shakespeare’s Birthday and with this lovely spring sunshine, what’s not to celebrate.
Here’s a few weekend ideas to get you started:
- St George’s Day Celebrations in London: I spotted people dressed in knightly garb proudly emblazoned with the St George’s cross (collecting money for war heroes) on my way to VL Towers this morning, and I’m sure tomorrow will provide more of the same! Find out more about the free festival in Trafalgar Square.
- Ether Festival at the Southbank Centre: this annual festival of music and arts finishes on Sunday, but pitch along this evening for the ultra-cool Berlin Sounds, where you’ll get to hear the cream of Berlin’s underground music scene.
- Virgin London Marathon: if you’re running it, good luck! If you’re heading along to cheer the competitors, don’t forget the sunscreen.
- East End Film Festival: see great films in some of London’s coolest venues.
- Pick Me Up: Contemporary Graphic Art Fair: snap up edgy prints, books, T-shirts and more at Somerset House.
- Plus, with the weather forecast to reach 17°C over the weekend, there’s all of London’s parks and outdoor spaces to explore. So get out there and enjoy it!