Please note this blog is no longer active. This post was last updated 6 years, 8 months ago and may contain out of date prices, opening times, links and information. Go to www.visitlondon.com for the lastest visitor information for London.
Have you been wondering what to do with the kids over this half term? I’m normally full of ideas and raring to go, but I just drew a complete blank this time around. As I am covering Magic’s More Music Breakfast, I thought I would ask the listeners what their ideas were, and some very interesting suggestions came back.
Here are just a few ideas for half-term activities with kids:
- Bake cakes together
- Go swimming or hire a boat in one of London’s lovely parks
- Help your kids plan and cook a meal, and let them invite a few friends over for dinner
- Look at local sports centres they often have half-term events you can get involved with
- Arm the kids with digital camera and go for the Elephant Hunt around London! It’s especially cost-effective if you bring a packed lunch
- The National Theatre is running backstage workshops for families all week
I’m pretty sure my girls will want to do a bit of 10-pin bowling followed by the cinema. Whip It, Drew Barrymore’s directorial debut (as opposed to what I thought was Whippet – about a dog), is on their list.
Half-term in London is as adventurous as you can make it, and by the look of all the suggestions above that came in from Magic listeners, I think I’m going to have a busy one!!