Have you been wondering what to do with the kids over this half term? I’m normally full of ideas and raring to go, but I just drew a complete blank this time around. As I am covering Magic’s More Music Breakfast, I thought I would ask the listeners what their ideas were, and some very interesting suggestions came back.
Here are just a few ideas for half-term activities with kids:
- Bake cakes together
- Go swimming or hire a boat in one of London’s lovely parks
- Help your kids plan and cook a meal, and let them invite a few friends over for dinner
- Look at local sports centres they often have half-term events you can get involved with
- Arm the kids with digital camera and go for the Elephant Hunt around London! It’s especially cost-effective if you bring a packed lunch
- The National Theatre is running backstage workshops for families all week
I’m pretty sure my girls will want to do a bit of 10-pin bowling followed by the cinema. Whip It, Drew Barrymore’s directorial debut (as opposed to what I thought was Whippet – about a dog), is on their list.
Half-term in London is as adventurous as you can make it, and by the look of all the suggestions above that came in from Magic listeners, I think I’m going to have a busy one!!