London Transport Museum celebrates its 30th birthday this weekend with two days of fun events for all the family.
The first 30 visitors (15 on Saturday and 15 on Sunday) will get entry to the museum for just £1.40 (the entrance price in 1980).
Plus, there’ll be:
- a 1950s Routemaster bus outside the museum, which you can climb onboard and explore
- a birthday trail for kids
- handling sessions where you can examine a Gibson ticket machine and a ticket collector’s notebook
- a chance for young artists to create their own transport posters
- competitions and giveaways
London Transport Museum’s birthday celebrations, 19-20 Jun 2010