Please note this blog is no longer active. This post was last updated 6 years, 8 months ago and may contain out of date prices, opening times, links and information. Go to www.visitlondon.com for the lastest visitor information for London.
This weekend, plans can easily be divided into those that involve watching the World Cup or cowering somewhere far away from any hint of the beautiful game.
Watch the football:
Avoid the football:
- Absolut Ice Bar has proclaimed itself a football-free zone with discount food offers and cocktails for £5 until 9pm. 12 Jun 2010
- Get 50% off your food at Dim t during all England World Cup matches. Download the voucher and make sure you place your order between kick-off and final whistle
- If the weather’s good, escape to the terrace at Sanderson for an al fresco champagne dinner and not so much as a mention of the F-word. 7pm, 12 & 18 Jun 2010
And the rest:
- Look to the skies at the free Blackheath Bike and Kite Festival 2010. 12-13 Jun 2010
- Celebrate the Queen’s official birthday with The Trooping of The Colour. 12 Jun 2010
- Explore The Surreal House exhibition at Barbican, including work by Salvador Dali. Until 12 Sep 2010
- Listen to live jazz at The Last Days of Decadence in Shoreditch. 11 Jun 2010