Please note this blog is no longer active. This post was last updated 6 years, 8 months ago and may contain out of date prices, opening times, links and information. Go to www.visitlondon.com for the lastest visitor information for London.
As the summer weather continues to hold, we at VL Towers are pondering all the lovely things we can do outdoors of an evening. And, following the fun times at the Starlite Urban Drive-In, we can think of nothing better than a visiting one of London’s outdoor or pop-up cinemas.
Here are some of the coolest spots to watch film in London this summer:
- Film 4 Summer Screen at Somerset House – London’s most beautiful outdoor cinema. I’m looking forward to seeing Master and Commander! 29 Jul-8 Aug
- Greenwich Film Festival – top films in unexpected locations around Greenwich 15-18 July
- Thursday Film Nights at the Grand Union, Brixton – see Amelie, Austin Powers and Bridget Jones this month
- The Scoop Summer Film season– free films next to City Hall 15 Sep-1 Oct
- BP Summer Screens – opera and ballet streamed live from the Royal Opera House until 13 Jul
- Syon Park House – lends its histroric backdrop to Dirty Dancing, Top Gun, Pretty Woman and more 18-22 Aug
- Drive-in-movies at Alexandra Palace – including Transformers and The Italian Job 12-14 Aug
- Portobello Pop Up Cinema – forgotten classics and cutting-edge new works under the Westway 10-31 Jul
Have you spotted any more open air cinema events happening in our fair city? Let us know in the comments below!