I’m in the process of getting not my but my daughters’ social diaries up to scratch for the “wonderful” six to seven week school summer holiday.
So far, we’ve done a little swimming and are going to see both Shrek 4 and Toy Story 3. My daughters are assisting me in my training for the Palace to Palace bike ride even though that isn’t until 26 September.
I’ve always loved London for the parks and theatres but not everyone wants to venture into the City for entertainment, so after appealing on air to my Magic 105.4 listeners for a number for suggestions, the following came through:
- Science Museum: “A fantastic free day out for children of all ages – so much to do and it’s educational!” Pete, Kingston
- In the Night Garden at The 02: “It looks fantastic so I’ve booked tickets to take my two year old. A real holiday treat for fans of Igglepiggle or Upsy Daisy”. Anna, Walthamstow
- Westfield London: “Lots of activities for kids over the summer – we’ll be going to the face painting and storytelling. And a cinema, loads of restaurants and a chance to do some shopping”. Zoe, Cricklewood.
- London Zoo: “You really can’t go wrong with a day out at the zoo. It’s the perfect outing for my five and eight year olds who love seeing all the different animals. There are also loads of daily activities – penguin feeding time is a big hit”. Nicola, Clapham
- Ceramics Cafés: “There are many in and around the outskirts of London where you can paint your own pots, plaits and cups”. Sam, Hackney.
I’ll definitely be updating the list as the weeks of the holiday go by, so do remember to check in regularly with www.magic.co.uk