Please note this blog is no longer active. This post was last updated 6 years, 8 months ago and may contain out of date prices, opening times, links and information. Go to www.visitlondon.com for the lastest visitor information for London.
The St Patrick’s Day Parade and Festival in Trafalgar Square may be over, but there’s still plenty of chances to celebrate on the day itself. Take a look at ways to enjoy the craic in London this year:
- Catch Brent’s St Patrick’s Day Parade from 4pm at Willesden Green Tube, followed by Irish folk dancing, music, a market and children’s activities. Willesden Green Library, 17 Mar
- See Irish dance superstars Up & Over It as they present an alternative St Patrick’s Day celebration at the Hackney Empire. Enjoy an electro-pop ceili after the show. 18 Mar
- Feast on Irish smoked salmon courtesy of Irish artisan smoker Frank Hederman at Selfridges (10am-5pm) and the Wright Brothers Soho Oyster House (5-7pm). Talks and tastings, 17 Mar
- Party in The City with Irish pies and half-price Guinness at Agenda bar. 17 Mar (half price St Patricks drinks until 9pm).
- Hear the sounds of Ireland as St Martin-in-the-Fields mark St Patrick’s Day with a programme celebrating Irish music. 17 Mar
- Sip on a Jameson Irish Mule cocktail at Zigfrid von Underbelly in Shoreditch, plus DJs and Irish dancers, 17 Mar
- Have a drink in one of London’s best Irish bars (and tell us whether you agree with our choices).
How are you celebrating St Patricks day? Let us know in the comments below.