Please note this blog is no longer active. This post was last updated 5 years, 9 months ago and may contain out of date prices, opening times, links and information. Go to www.visitlondon.com for the lastest visitor information for London.
“It’s a really huge installation,” said Erwan Bouroullec. “I was born in the countryside so it’s a textile field. It’s quite soft so people will walk and lie on it.”
Other highlights of the festival include:
- A dramatic new installation at the entrance to the V&A
- Power of Making, a V&A and Crafts Council exhibition aiming to bring visitors closer to the process of making things
- Reddress, an enormous dress made from 550m of fabric, which will be worn by a performer and fit an audience of 238 people inside its folds
- A workshop where you’ll be able to create your own prints designed by Israeli illustrator Noma Bar using a giant hole punch
- A Swarovski crystal installation by John Pawson in a tower of St Paul’s Cathedral that’s is normally closed to the public
In total, there are expected to be around 250 events across London. “Every year we try to be different and better and more inspiring,” said festival director Ben Evans.
London Design Festival runs from 17 to 25 September. For more details visit www.londondesignfestival.com