Please note this blog is no longer active. This post was last updated 4 years, 4 months ago and may contain out of date prices, opening times, links and information. Go to www.visitlondon.com for the lastest visitor information for London.
New restaurant and bar openings continue apace in London. Here’s a round-up of the latest London restaurant news.
Pan-Asian restaurant Buddha-Bar opens today in Knightsbridge, serving a blend of Chinese, Japanese and Thai food and a choice of “avant-garde” cocktails. Diners are overlooked by a giant Buddha designed by sculptor David Begbie, while DJs provide a mix of electro and tribal sounds. You can enjoy 25% off food plus a free cocktail until 30 October.
Reverend JW Simpson
The team behind quirky cocktail bar Bourne & Hollingsworth have launched a new venue, Reverend JW Simpson, in Goodge Street. During building work the designers discovered an old apartment and decided to keep as many of the original features as possible, including the flooring, wallpaper, chipped paint and mementos of the former occupant – Reverend JW Simpson.
Mahiki founder and friend of the royals Guy Pelly has opened a new venture in Sloane Square with partner Marc Burton. Tonteria resembles a Mexican bar, with distressed décor, Mexican plants and hammocks. There’s a Mexican-inspired menu, sharing cocktails served in skull-shaped vessels, and a shot train that delivers tequila shots to tables.
Rekorderlig Winter Forest Bar
East London’s Old Truman Brewery will be transformed into the Rekorderlig Winter Forest Bar from this evening. Open until 6 November, the pop-up bar will offer Swedish cider and food pairings in Scandinavian surroundings. Tickets cost £5 and include a selection of Rekorderlig flavour tasters and a complimentary dish.
More New London Restaurants
Other new openings include:
- Cabana – the Brazilian chain launches a third restaurant tomorrow at Westfield London
- The Fat of the Land - a new Mediterranean pub and dining room in Marylebone
- Tortilla – the burrito and taco chain has opened a new site on the Strand, close to Trafalgar Square
- The Shed – this new bar and British restaurant in Notting Hill is receiving great reviews
- PipsDish at The Garage – Philip Dundas’s pop-up in an old Citroen repair workshop in Islington is now open permanently
- Maroush Bakehouse – a new Lebanese restaurant and bakery in Earl’s Court
- Piste – Archer Street cocktail bar has opened a basement nightclub with the feel of an Alpine retreat